Our wider curriculum offer is designed to enrich and broaden the experience of the students in our schools, developing their cultural capital and social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
Each year, every single student at St James School will participate in a Creative, Active and Skill/Service elective.
Electives take place on Wednesday afternoons from 1.30pm – 3.00pm and are run by a mixture of St James staff and external providers. We currently offer 49 different activities, we have 6 coaches that come into school, and we take up to 200 students off-site each week.
We are proud of the variety of electives on offer and the opportunities that have been provided for our students.
The aims of our electives programme are:
- To offer enrichment opportunities for character development that are accessible to every single student.
- To give all students the opportunity to try new and different activities.
- To find activities students will enjoy, and to motivate students to continue the activities in their daily lives and into adult life.
- To engage providers in the local community, and to use easily accessible equipment and space.
- To enhance the social potential of taking part in physical activity together, both with staff and fellow students.
If you would like to get involved with our electives programme please email Mr Brown email@example.com
Extra-curricular activities run daily across our schools and include a minimum offer of physical activity, arts clubs and peripatetic music lessons. Duke of Edinburgh and Ten Tours is also offered across all of our schools and at least annual drama/music performances. Pupils who are disadvantaged are financially supported to ensure they can engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We are working towards 100% of the Gatsby Benchmarks and all out pupils receive the following:
- Work experience
- 1:1 careers appointment
- Careers advice sessions