Beyond the Curriculum
We believe that every student should enjoy a range of experiences and opportunities.
Emily harper, Headteacher
10 things every student should do before they leave are:
- Represent the school;
- Visit an art gallery, museum, see a show at a theatre and an event at a world class sporting venue;
- Be politically engaged with a visit to the houses of parliament and have met a politician;
- Present or perform to an audience of peers such as in an assembly;
- Engage in a wide variety of sporting and leisure activities including having completed an adventurous hike and engaged with the local surroundings;
- Complete meaningful work experience with a local employer;
- Volunteer for a charity – giving time, raising awareness or fundraising;
- Work with a local bank and be aware of financial products and money issues;
- Communicate with students in another school in a different part of the world and find shared ideas about their school life; and,
- Read widely to broaden their knowledge of literature and the world, to include a broadsheet newspaper, a journal/piece of academic literature, a Shakespeare text and a novel.