If you are thinking of joining St James then please click on the links below to view our policies, or visit our policies page.
As part of considering applying for a place at St James we would recommend and encourage the following which we hope will help you make an informed decision and ensure that your child/children have a successful and enjoyable start to their school life with us:
- That you read and our Partnership Agreement so that you understand the value that we place on the home-school relationship and the benefit we believe it has on a child’s education
- That you and your child/ren come and visit and have a look around as this will help you and them get a true sense of what St James is like on a day-to-day basis, in real life, real time.
Other factors to consider when moving into area or within local schools are:
- How this admission might affect attendance
- Any support currently provided for SEND or medical conditions
- Any pastoral support currently in place
- Any concerns that have been raised in recent school reports; and
- Your child’s current curriculum and/or GCSE options as educational continuity should be a key priority when considering which school to send your child/ren.
We would be more than happy to discuss any of the above with you on your visit to St James to assist you in deciding whether a move would be beneficial and if St James is the right school for your child.
An in-year admission can be unsettling and potentially disruptive for a child with research showing it can set their progress back by up to a term, so it is essential that all of the above are considered fully and discussed openly.