As you know, we will be holding parent and pupil consultations next week, from Monday 15th June 2020 until Friday 19th June 2020, prior to the face to face sessions that we will be providing for year 10 pupils from Monday 22nd June 2020.
I outlined in my previous letter that the aim of these consultations is to establish the following:
- Wellbeing: pastoral needs arising from or during lockdown
- Understanding of how to remain safe when attending school and in the community
- Post 16 aspirations and qualifications needed
- Key learning that has been missed
- Targets to meet prior to the summer
- GCSE English speaking and listening assessment topic
Each appointment will be 15 minutes long and during the appointment, our staff will make notes to ensure that we are able to provide your child with the pastoral and academic support that they need.
From noon on Thursday 11th June 2020, you can book your appointment here: https://parents-booking.co.uk/stjamesacademy. Please do not login prior to this time as the appointment would then not be saved. When you book your appointment, please choose one 15 minute slot with your child’s mentor (the member of staff who has been emailing and calling during lockdown) or their tutor. If there is not a convenient slot with these members of staff, you can book an appointment with one of our senior team: Emily Harper, Mark Barlow, Laura Newton, Holly Kirkbride, Jason Nofal, Steffi Morby, Steve Brown, Tamar Busby, Charlotte Webster or Dan Chalmers. Do not worry about the subject name attached to the member of staff as this is simply the subject they usually teach. The appointment will focus on the range of pastoral and curriculum issues outlined above.
If you are unable to attend due to work commitments, please book an appointment for your child to attend alone. If you are unable to meet in person due to a health concern, please email your mentor who will arrange a phone or online parent and pupil consultation.
As part of our support for students at St James, we are working with Mental Health and Well-being professionals in Devon to provide the best and most appropriate support we can. To enable this to happen effectively, prior to your consultation appointment, we would like you to complete this online form to give us an understanding of how your child is presently: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/StJamesParentsCarers/
Health and Safety During Parent and Pupil Consultations
To help us to ensure the safety of everyone, please read and follow the instructions outlined below when attending your appointment:
- Do not attend if you or any of your household are experiencing symptoms of COVID 19.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment but not early.
- Please do not arrive with people from more than one household. We can book two different appointment or arrange a video link if parents/carers from different households wish to attend.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands prior to entering the building. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance.
- Please only enter through the main door that will be clearly labelled as the entrance.
- There will be a meet and great desk. Please stand behind the line and register, following any safety instructions that they give.
- Please follow the one-way system around the atrium to reach your member of staff and appointment.
- Please sit in the socially distanced seating provided for your appointment and understand that we will not be shaking hands at the beginning or end of appointments.
- Please leave your appointment using the one way system.
- Exit the building using the main entrance door that will be clearly labelled as the exit.
We are really looking to welcoming you and your child back into the school next week and to commencing our face to face sessions from Monday 22nd June. We will send more information regarding the face to face sessions early next week.
If you have any questions or concerns about your parent and pupil consultation, please contact your child’s mentor or Dan Chalmers: DPC@stjamesexeter.co.uk. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our face to face sessions, please contact email@example.com.
Take care and stay safe,