Young Carers @ St James School
A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, has a mental health condition or addiction problem.
Children may engage in:
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping)
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs)
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs)
- Managing the family budget (collecting benefits and prescriptions)
- Managing medication
- Looking after younger siblings
- Helping someone communicate
St James School supports its young carers. If you, or a family member, need support please contact your Young Carers School Operational Lead, Yana Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01392209922 ex 294.
All contact will be treated in the strictest confidence.