Parents for St James
- To provide an opportunity for parents to contribute to the running of the school; and,
- To organise social activities and fundraising events.
Established in 2007, Parents for St James meets at the school once a month. They aim to have at least one parent representative from each year group (Years 7 to 11) at their meetings. Members are not elected, and meetings are open to every parent who wishes to attend.
There is always at least one member of St James’ teaching staff present, who acts as a school ‘link’. Often, a member of the school management or governing body will also attend in order to gauge parents’ views on particular issues.
Whilst Parents for St James is going from strength to strength, parent representatives of particular groups – for instance, students with special needs – are currently under-represented, which is something they would like to change.
Parents for St James also organise regular social and fundraising events. They recently set up the Parents for St James Benefit Fund, so that money raised can be put directly towards a reward scheme for students.
Previous events that they have organised include:
- An annual quiz night;
- Several bingo nights; and,
- A social evening for parents of Year 7 students.
Parents for St James have lots of ideas for the future, but if you have suggestions for social events that parents – and students – might like to see at St James, please let them know.
Future PSJ dates for the school year are below. All of them are on a Tuesday and will run from 6pm until 7pm. Meetings until 7:30pm will allow time to plan and discuss fundraising and events.
- 16th October 6pm – 7pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 16th October 2018
- 6th November 6pm – 7:30pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 6th November 2018
- 11th December 6pm – 7pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 11th December 2018
- 22nd January 6pm – 7:30pm
- 26th February 6pm – 7pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 26th February 2019
- 26th March 6pm – 7pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 26th March 2019
- 30th April 6pm – 7:30pm
- Parents for St James Meeting Minutes 30th April 2019
- 21st May 6pm – 7pm
- 11th June 6pm – 7:30pm
- 9th July 6pm – 7pm