Parents for St James
Parents for St James is the name of the parent group. The group has two main aims:
- To provide an opportunity for parents to contribute to the running of the school; and,
- To organise social activities and fundraising events.
Established in 2007, Parents for St James aims to meet at the school once a month. They aim to have at least one parent representative from each year group (Years 7 to 11) at their meetings. Members are not elected, and meetings are open to every parent who wishes to attend.
Whilst Parents for St James is going from strength to strength, parent representatives of particular groups – for instance, students with special needs – are currently under-represented, which is something they would like to change.
Parents for St James also organise regular social and fundraising events. Previous events that they have organised include:
- An annual quiz night;
- Several bingo nights; and,
- A social evening for parents of Year 7 students.
Parents for St James have lots of ideas for the future, but if you have suggestions for social events that parents – and students – might like to see at St James, please let them know.
If you have any particular issues you would like to discuss regarding your child’s time at St James please do get in touch with their tutor in the first instance. They are best placed to deal with individual concerns and worries.
The next meeting date is the 12th February 2020 , 7:00pm until 8:00pm, in the school library.
- Welcome to PSJ and its role
- Discussion on events and fundraising activities
- The current system of reporting student progress to home, and improvements to the style and content of reports.
For more information please email Dr Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org.